pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] problem with 0.13.94

From: Charles Kerr
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] problem with 0.13.94
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2003 13:46:11 -0700

On Mon, Apr 14, 2003 at 02:55:19PM -0500, address@hidden wrote:
> address@hidden wrote:

>>    FYI love the new release of pan, but I'm having a problem with it.
>>    More often now then ever before, when switching around large binary
>> groups, I've noticed that pan will just abnormally close. It doesn't
>> even report a seg fault or anything, just poop gone. I was thinking it
>> might be that while I'm loading a group, I click to try and load
>> something else, and that crimps it. Anyway, just wanted to get the idea
>> out there that its doing it more so now then in the last minor release.
>
>       I feel stupid replying to my own post, but geeze it only seems to have
> gotten worse. I'm going back to 0.13.90 until this crashing stuff is fixed.

         What Users Say                       What Programmers Hear
  ---------------------------------   ----------------------------------------

  Pan crashed!  I'm not using it      There's a crasher in one of Pan's 78,000
  again until it's fixed!             lines.  I want you to spend the next
                                      week guessing which one.

  Pan crashed!  I ran Pan in gdb      There's a crasher in this 10 lines of
  and got the attached backtrace.     Pan and here's what led up to it.

  The new version's still leaking!    There's a leak in one of Pan's 78,000
                                      lines.  I want you to spend the next
                                      week guessing which one.

  The new version's still leaking!    There's a leak in this section of Pan.
  Here's a recipe on how I made it    Here's some information to help find
  leak, and what top said the         the cause.
  memory use was at each step.
  Also, here's a valgrind log that
  lists large memory leaks.

--
cheers,
Charles

  Here's money in the tip jar!        This needs to be fixed for 0.14.0!

;)