pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Pan 0.13.4 & mandrake 9.2

From: Duncan
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Pan 0.13.4 & mandrake 9.2
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2003 23:08:38 -0700

On Tue 15 Apr 2003 13:36, Christophe Lambin posted as excerpted below:
> I think .bn files are encoded in B-News format (a yenc-like binary
> encoding mechanism, mainly used on one Belgian ISP's news server).

Wow.  Learned a LOT new today..

(Besides this, I couldn't get to the list for awhile, because attempting to
install the latest NVidia drivers killed KDE, and I scrambled it some more
trying to get it back, and I ended up with errors on my ReiserFS partitions
complicating my KDE reinstall so I had to learn about reiserfsck
--rebuild-tree to get it fixed...  VERY "interesting" last 24 - 30 hours!
"Interesting" that is, in the form of the Chinese curse, "May you live in
'interesting' times!"  It was a bit TOO interesting!  <g>  I'm back, now,
tho, and knowing a bit more about Linux, KDE, and ReiserFS than I did b4.)

--
Duncan
Benjamin Franklin