pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] How is Pan implemented on Windows?

From: Edith Gross
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] How is Pan implemented on Windows?
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2003 16:59:29 +0200

Mr Kerr,

do you use Cygwin and GCC?

Actually, I use mingw so that users don't have to install
any cygwin libraries.  But yes, I compile it with gcc on Windows.

I am asking this as I am thinking about using Gtk+ on Windows. (After all, it works *wonderfully* with Pan!)
I have downloaded MinGW and it works.
Now a (hopefully final) question about Gtk+:

Do they use a X-Windows emulation on top of MS-Windows or is Gtk+ for Windows a native port?

TIA,
--
J.