pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] feature change/request

From: Bobby D. Bryant
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] feature change/request
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2003 21:22:28 -0600

On 2003.07.22 19:59, Chris Petersen wrote:

got a request for the article cache.  Not sure if it's easily
possible, but I'm going to put it out anyway..

Sometimes I'll queue up a bunch of large binary downloads, and then go to read other groups (some of them image/binary). In doing this, I'll also queue up a number of things to download/read, but often the cache will get wiped out by my big download before I have a chance to read the articles I wanted to, and I'll have to wait for them to re-
download.

It'd be really cool if the cache could prioritize what it deletes and
NOT delete things pertaining to the current "open" group if they were
selected to be read

If you've got enough disk space then setting a huge cache size may make the problem go away.

--
Bobby Bryant
Austin, Texas