pan-users

[Pan-users] Next new message

From: Guy Rouillier
Subject: [Pan-users] Next new message
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2003 02:15:32 -0400

I'm brand new to Pan (on Linux), running 0.14.0.91. I like the basic look and feel - thanks to the authors. I've been using FreeAgent on Windows for years. On of the buttons in FA is "next unread", which jumps to the next new header in the most recent set of downloaded headers. I've gotten used to working that way, so I'm trying to find the analogous operation in Pan. I've read some of the archives/bug reports/etc for Pan. After getting a new set of headers in Pan, clicking the icon "Read next unread article" doesn't go to the first new article; it goes to the first unread article, which might be from a long time ago. How can I set up Pan so that I can click some sort of "next" button and have it go to the next *new* article? BTW, I'm aware of the filter capability. I don't want to hide all non-new headers, since often I'll see an article of interest close by a new header. Thanks for any pointers.
--
Guy Rouillier