pan-users

[Pan-users] Bugs/Problems with Windows 0.14.2

From: Lenroc
Subject: [Pan-users] Bugs/Problems with Windows 0.14.2
Date: Wed, 01 Oct 2003 01:33:50 -0700

Hello,

I've been away from the group for a bit. Just downloaded the newest
available build for Windows (.14.2), and it installed without a hitch. It
works really well.

Anyway, I found a couple of bugs, but I wanted to run them by the group
before I submitted them (I searched bugzilla and couldn't find them
mentioned, and I also did a cursory search though the mailing list
archives on Gmane, but didn't find anything there either).

First, every time I open Pan, I almost isntantly get an error in the log.
The error line is: Wed, 01 Oct 2003 01:21:02 - GLib - g_io_win32_set_flags
() not implemented.

This sounds pretty general, so I have not spent much time trying to track
it down. If more tracking is needed, let me know and I can provide more
info. I know it happens more than once in a session, but I can't tell you
how often off hand.

Next, Pan has a bad bad habit of swallowing my clipboard. With Pan (and
possibly a combination of other programs: I generally run Internet
Explorer, Outlook Express, Pan, and sometimes a few others) open, my
clipboard does not behave as it should. If I go to copy something in one
program using the keyboard shortcut (Ctrl-C), then go into another program
to Paste it (Ctrl-V), it usually will not paste anything. At this point,
if I quit Pan, and try to Paste again (Ctrl-V), it will paste something
that was in my clipboard before I launched Pan. Again, I haven't spent a
lot of time tracking this one, as I'm not sure if it's already been
discussed. It seems to not matter which programs are involved (i.e. I
sometimes have problems copying to/from Pan, sometimes to/from other
programs, etc.). All I know is that when I need to paste something, it
usually doesn't work.

I may have recently found that using the Edit menu instead of the keyboard
shortcuts has better luck. This has not been tested yet.

Finally, I've noticed some odd behavior with dialog windows:

Roughly, when I open a new window/dialog box in Pan and interact with it,
and then close the window, the main window (which spawned the dialog
box/window) does not always receive focus. I have not yet tracked this one
down either. Basically, if I have Internet Explorer and Pan open, and I
switch to Pan and open a window there, when I dismiss the window, Internet
Explorer is more likely to "pop up" than the Pan main window is.

Have any of these been reported already?

If not, I'll get to work trying to see how to reproduce them!

--
Lenroc