pan-users

[Pan-users] Pan and changing IP Addresses

From: Steven Ellis
Subject: [Pan-users] Pan and changing IP Addresses
Date: Fri, 03 Oct 2003 07:42:31 +1200

Sadly my Teleco has a tendancy to bounce my ADSL connection every couple
of days to cause my IP address to change. On a bad day it can happen
5-10 times.

Now with my Clara News Account it won't let me connect from a different
IP address, and as the ADSL bounces really quickly PAN tries to
re-connect with the new IP and fails.

At this point PAN 0.14.2 won't connect. I have to restart.

Now i'm after two things

1. A fix for the network issue so I can simply re-connect

2. Pan should recognise the error, pause for 5-10 minutes and then
retry. By then I can usually connect

Steve

--
Steven Ellis <address@hidden>