pan-users

[Pan-users] Xpat searches

From: Maarten Eekels
Subject: [Pan-users] Xpat searches
Date: Sat, 18 Oct 2003 01:03:03 +0200

Hello,

I have just subscribed to the Pan users mailing list and this is my first
contribution, so please forgive me if I am doing anything wrong or if my
question has been answered before.

I like Pan a lot. It's a great newsreader and the fact that it is
distributed under the GPL license is of course very convenient as well ;-)
In my opinion there is one feature missing though, Xpat searches.
Downloading more than a million headers from a newly subscribed group is
very timeconsuming, especially if you are looking for just this one message.
I don't see Xpat searches in the roadmap and in the mail archive search for
this mailing list, I have found one other message in which Xpat searches are
requested as a feature. I know not all newsservers support Xpat searches,
but the ones that do, sure make life easier.

Does anybody know why the Pan developers are not going to implement Xpat
searches shortly?

Thanks,

Maarten