pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: How can I goto reference-message-id

From: Duncan
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: How can I goto reference-message-id
Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2003 05:52:50 -0700

Steffen Hey posted <address@hidden>,
excerpted below,  on Fri, 24 Oct 2003 12:07:36 +0200:

> I'm using Pan 0.14.2.
>
> Im missing klicking an message-id to goto the referenced mail.
> (I'm coming form Win98 and Forte Agent)

I don't believe there's yet a way to do that in PAN's GUI.  However, if
the message has been downloaded, it will appear in the cache, with the
files named by msg-id.  Thus, you could load the message as on the file
system directly into your favorite text editor.  It's a bit primitive, and
if you have a large cache I wouldn't suggest using something like
Konqueror to load it (due to its time consuming iconizing each file), but
something like mc works fine, and allows fast loading into an editor, or
you can just do it from the command line w/o browsing to it in a graphical
file manager at all.

It'd be a nice feature to add, tho, I certainly agree.  =:^)

Benjamin Franklin