pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: Weird posting behavior in 0.14.2

From: Duncan
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: Weird posting behavior in 0.14.2
Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2003 06:10:04 -0700

Beartooth posted <address@hidden>, excerpted
below,  on Thu, 23 Oct 2003 13:36:13 -0400:

> On Tue, 21 Oct 2003 14:31:57 -0700, Eric Ortega wrote:
>
>> On Tue, Oct 21, 2003 at 04:52:43PM -0400, Beartooth wrote:
>>>
>>>     When I type a post -- either a new one or a followup afaik  -- Pan tends
>>>     o swallow a letter or two -- like this -- and then put it in front of my
>>> cursor, so that it keeps getting pushed further to the right, while my
>>> next line begins with a word missing its beginning. t
>>
>> I get this also.  It's bizarre.  It's probably a GTK thing, or whatever
>> it is that provides the editing interface.
>
>       Fwiw, I'm noticing now that the number of letters getting pushed seems
>       vary a little; if I happen to be typing fast enough when it hits the
> line
>       break, I *think* I've seen it happen with two or three. I can't swear;
>       maybe all I'm seeing is the number that get in before I pause. But it
>       makes me wonder if the trouble might be in some buffer or timer
> somewhere.

As mentioned, this is due to the wrapping code.  In particular, that code
doesn't process indentation very well.  Thus, your indented text above
triggers the bug, while block paragraphs such as this do not.

I normally use block paragraphs, so it doesn't bother me, but if I use
indent quoting or something, it DEFINITELY does.

Benjamin Franklin