pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: new users question about scoring

From: Duncan
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: new users question about scoring
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2003 02:21:35 -0700

C. M. Keel posted <address@hidden>, excerpted
below,  on Tue, 09 Dec 2003 21:17:48 -0500:

> If I set up a scoring criteria based upon subject, what is the
> acceptable format? Can I do something like this: `religion, philosophy,
> culture' if I would like to have any article with any one of those words,
> or combination thereof, in the subject to score higher than others? Or,
> must I set each word up individually? Is this even the proper format
> altogether?

That's not quite the proper format.  Try regular expressions, if you want
to match on more than one word, and choose the appropriate drop-down
qualifier.  In fact, if you check the scorefile itself, you will see that
PAN records all the choices in the file as regexps, but just makes it a
bit easier in the GUI for those who don't know what a regexp is to use
scoring as well by doing the translation for the others behind the scenes.
Since you appear to be running sylpheed claws on GNU-Linux, I'm assuming
I don't have to explain what regexps are.  =:^)

Benjamin Franklin