pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] rec.travel.europe not wanting to update

From: Jeff Vian
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] rec.travel.europe not wanting to update
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2003 20:54:32 -0600

jef wrote:

I'm not sure if this is a server thing, or a Pan (0.14.2) thing, so I'm tossing this out there wondering if anyone else has seen something like this.

For the past few days, Pan has refused to grab new headers for rec.travel.europe. If I delete all articles, and then download all headers for the group, the new articles show up. The only thing I can see that might be an issue is that while loading all of the headers, quite a few messages like these show up in the status log:

Tue, 16 Dec 2003 21:08:30 - (Null) - file article.c: line 1089 (article_is_valid): assertion `pstring_is_set (&a-
Tue, 16 Dec 2003 21:08:30 - Corrupt header skipped: <address@hidden> Tue, 16 Dec 2003 21:08:30 - (Null) - file article.c: line 1089 (article_is_valid): assertion `pstring_is_set (&a-
>subject)' failed
Tue, 16 Dec 2003 21:08:30 - Corrupt header skipped: <address@hidden>

This tells you why it did not load all for you, Corrupt headers. Even after deleting all and getting all, not all message headers were downloaded. It skipped the corrupt ones.

Tue, 16 Dec 2003 21:08:30 - (Null) - file article.c: line 1089 (article_is_valid): assertion `pstring_is_set (&a-
>subject)' failed

I haven't seen this in any of the other groups I read regularly, so I'm not sure if it's Pan, or an issue on the server. Didn't want to create a bug report until I ran it past you folks.

thanks,
jef