pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: WIshlist: list of shown header more customizable

From: Duncan
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: WIshlist: list of shown header more customizable
Date: Mon, 01 Mar 2004 04:00:15 -0700

Thomas Geffert posted <address@hidden>,
excerpted below,  on Mon, 12 Jan 2004 11:09:37 +0100:

>> The real way to keep track of these, other than just getting the
>> reaction of the list, is to put it in bugzilla, under feature
>> request/wishlist.  If you've done that, go ahead and post the link with
>> the bugzilla number in it here, and I'll go say I want it too.
>
> Hmm, the pan homepage says "[t]he pan-users mailing list is the best place
> to suggest new features[...]" but I added it to bugzilla now (Bug 131212).

Finally getting back to this.. after having kept it marked unread for 6
weeks or so.. <g>  Yes, I added my "second" to your entry.

On the meta-question..  I don't see any conflict between the "best place
to suggest new features" being the list, and the best way to ensure they
are reliably tracked being bugzilla.

It works this way, from my observation..  The list serves as a barometer
of the interest or opposition to a feature, and may get some additional
details worked out.  After any hashing out from the list occurs, putting
the request into bugzilla ensures it is formally tracked and not
forgotten, particularly if the request isn't something already being
currently worked on or in some way related to a bug.

Benjamin Franklin