pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: feature ideas

From: Duncan
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: feature ideas
Date: Mon, 08 Mar 2004 11:41:19 -0700

Steven Adeff posted <address@hidden>, excerpted below,
on Thu, 04 Mar 2004 19:34:46 -0500:

> is this a proper place to place a feature request?

Yes.  Well, ideally this is stage one of two.  You place the request here
to get it vetted -- see what others think about it and if they have ideas
for making it better or strong objections to the proposal.  Then, once the
idea is hashed out, the usual recommendation is to enter it in Bugzilla
under feature request, so the suggestion doesn't get lost if not
implemented immediately.

Of course, you can do the bugzilla thing immediately if desired, but that
means Charles and Chris don't get the benefit of seeing what others think
about the request or any related suggestions (and possibly folks
interested in submitting patches for it if they are REALLY interested).

When you do post the wish in bugzilla, post the number (or url for it
including the number) back here, so others can go add their say, if
desired.  I've recently added my request to a couple, and skipped a third,
as not something I felt that important for me, tho I'd have no objection
to it.

Benjamin Franklin