pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Re: Is the background color configurable?

From: jef
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Re: Is the background color configurable?
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2004 23:51:14 -0500

Dan Hopper wrote:

Perhaps a foolish question, but how does one configure these
settings if one doesn't run Gnome or KDE?  I don't even think I have
enough Debian packages installed to run KDE or Gnome as a full
desktop.  Is the "Gnome-2.x theme configuration" a seperate control
applet I might call directly?

If you are running sarge,

apt-get install  gtk-theme-switch

It has switch and switch2, to quickly switch themes (switch2 doing the job for gtk2). Of course, you'll need some themes.

 apt-cache search themes | grep gtk2

Will show you some basic ones that you can install. Google for more if you dislike any of these (I run one called Smoothstep).

jef