pan-users

[Pan-users] A few features I'd like to see

From: Laurent Duperval
Subject: [Pan-users] A few features I'd like to see
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 09:51:34 -0500

Hi,

Here are some things I'd like to see in a future version of Pan:

- SMTP authentication. I use a laptop and I'm not always connected to my
ISP's network. When that happens, I can't send an email response from Pan.

- Allow sending a response to the sender *and* to the newsgroup with one
keystroke. I need this when replying to a message on Gmane. The
address@hidden list, for example, will let anyone post but using the
headers, it's possible to know if that person is subscribed or not. If
s/he is not subscribed, I want to send the reply to the list and to the
person. There isn't a way to do that with one keystroke. There is always
cut'n'paste involved.

- As a bonus, replying to the sender instead (or on top) of the Reply-To
header. The reason being that the list server only provides a reply-to
back to the list, even if the user isn't subscribed.

- Filtering on custom headers. To flag messages from people who aren't
subscribed, I need to check the Delivered-To header (there are two of them
in the messages) and check the content. So I would like to flag the
messages that contain that specific header.

Comments,