pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Subject appears blank in headers

From: Wolf J. Flywheel
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Subject appears blank in headers
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2004 21:59:39 -0500

  charset="iso-8859-1"

On Monday 22 March 2004 15:38, Christophe Lambin wrote:

> It is because of the encoded characters, but no font would fix it: what

> the author basically did was encode some line feeds into his subject

> (0A). Why he would want to do that, I do not know. :)

        How odd!

> As a result, Pan will put the subject in the header pane, but the two

> line feeds will make the actual text scroll off the visible part of the

> cell. You can verify that Pan does have the subject by typing it in in

> the phrase filter in the header pane (i.e. 'unable to open initial

> console').

        So, Pan and its various widgets are performing as designed, but=20

somebody's mailer (or perhaps the somebody himself) is not behaving.  Hm,=20

what would happen if he encoded a form-feed in there?  ;)

> If you're particulary bothered by this problem, file a bugzilla report

> and we'll see how we can get round this.

        Just eat all linefeeds, I guess, but I'm not going to file this one=20

because (1) I've only seen it happen once, and (2) there are much more=20

important things to worry about.

        Thanks for the explanation, though I should have recognized 0x0A... duh!

=2D-=20

// Carl Hudkins :: Jabber  address@hidden :: PGP 50238D9E

//

//               =3D=3D]  What would Jeeves do?  [=3D=3D

//=20

//                            (X-Spam-To: address@hidden)