pan-users

[Pan-users] Spell checking in Pan (Debian KDE user)

From: Chris Game
Subject: [Pan-users] Spell checking in Pan (Debian KDE user)
Date: Thu, 07 Oct 2004 14:37:30 +0100

Hello group; I'm a bit reluctant to revisit the topic of spell checking in Pan, I see from the archive that it's been discussed a few times before. But I don't think this aspect has been explained. I find that Pan invokes Ispell automatically in the reply window, turning mis-spelled words red, and bringing up the usual Ispell dialog and dictionary suggestions on a right-click in the window. Now there's no menu item in Pan which mentions spell checking, and I didn't do anything special to get it going. What really puzzles me is that it doesn't happen always, and particularly it doesn't happen if I invoke Pan from the command line, and it usually does happen if I use a link from the menu which appears if I click the KDE icon in the lower LH corner (whatever it's called). Why should that be?

Regards, Chris Game.