pan-users

[Pan-users] Feed Reader

From: Super Donkey
Subject: [Pan-users] Feed Reader
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2004 20:59:20 +0200

Someone asked why there isn't a news reader included with Ubuntu. I can
agree with that however I think that pan doesn't Gnome's HIG so that its
not really suited (GUI wise) to ship with a gnome based distro.

However I have been using Liferea feed reader for a week or so. While
missing some features that I would want (tabbed browsing, using firefox,
using browser settings, maximise browser window and this all from within
liferea). It looks like something that could maybe not be shipped on the
CD as I don't know how many people use feed readers but it should be
supported by Ubuntu officially.

If anyone hasn't used this kind of application before then download
liferea from the universe source in synaptic and import my subscribed
lists download my opml here:
http://www.xs4all.nl/~smurfy/export.opml (nothing special but gives you a
nice view of whats possible)