pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: Re: LOCALE under Windows (.../Game/)

From: Lenny Nero
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: Re: LOCALE under Windows (.../Game/)
Date: Sat, 06 Nov 2004 01:09:56 +0000

On Wed, 03 Nov 2004 09:48:11 -0500,  s.f.  said:

> On Wed, 03 Nov 2004 10:57:14 +0000, Chris Game wrote:
>
>> Just out of interest, and not to start an argument, but why use Pan on
>> Windows? I use Pan on Linux but there are better newsreaders for Windows
>
> Maybe, but I consider Pan the most viable solution for my current
> newsreading. I set it up in few minutes, and its interface is nice and
> clean; if I could make it speak Italian would be perfect.
>
>> (like 40tude Dialog).
>
> Besides the fact that it is not free software, it looks way too baroque
> for my needs.
>
> Bye

Yes, I have tried 40tude Dialog twice, when it first came out and again
when I got a DSL type of connection and moved into the bigger groups.

I never liked it and still think Pan is the best reader for me on windows.

L.

--
Want to help to keep the best free usenet servers running ?

http://www.readfreenews.com