pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Firefox with pan-Windows

From: Colin Campbell
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Firefox with pan-Windows
Date: Thu, 06 Oct 2005 12:29:23 -0600

bruno wrote:
Hy,
I've just install Pan 0.14.2 on Windows XP Pro (I was glad to learn that I can use it also when I'm not on Mandriva-Linux).
But there is something I can't fix.
I'm using Mozilla Firefox 1.07., and when I click on a link I want Firefox to open it.
So I go to/* "Edit\/Preferences\Apps&Mails\"*/
and in the first lines; /*"Web Browser"*/, I put:
c:\program files\mozilla firefox\firefox\ -chrome" %s
I've try various other things:
c:\program files\mozilla firefox\firefox.exe\ -chrome" %s
c:\program files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe\ -chrome" %s
c:\program files\mozilla firefox\firefox.exe\-chrome" %s
 but always in vain, can someone help me with that?

You're on the right path (!), Bruno. You should put the command inside double quotes, like the IE one, because of the spaces in the folder names. The other part is that you don't need to reference the chrome folder.

The final version should be "C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe" %s

I'm not at my Windows machine, BTW, so the path might not be exactly correct, but I hope you get the general idea!

Colin

-=-=-
... I stay cool and dig all jive, That's the way I stay alive.
My motto, as I live and learn, is "Dig and be dug in return."
   - Langston Hughes