pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: Seeing message in original format

From: Lenny Nero
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: Seeing message in original format
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2005 17:32:24 +0100

Duncan  said:

> Lenny Nero posted
> <address@hidden>,
> excerpted below,  on Tue, 04 Oct 2005 20:50:36 +0100:
>
>> Does 'show all headers' not do the same ?
>>
>> I also just use the editor button to pipe the message to vim (or what
>> ever) from a 'reply to' window if I want to see it in another editor.
>
> No, show all headers is nice, but not the same, as it doesn't allow one
> to see the raw message including all sub-parts and sub-headers, encoded
> attachments, and the like.  Of course, a reply only quotes the text, as
> well, so piping that to an external editor isn't of much help, either.

I have checked and I cant see anything on the 'raw'.msg (from my pan.saved
folder) file when put into an editor that I dont see when I use the
'H'eaders key. I know that my version has had a lot of work done on it,
but nothing with the gspawn module.

I understand that it would not show an encoded attachment, but what is a
'sub' header ?
A header that is not normally seen on the standard view pane ? because
this is exactly what the 'h'eader key is for... show all headers in body
pane.

Unless of course something non RFC is being used, or the OP wants to send
HTML.

L.

--
Want to help to keep the best free usenet servers running ?
http://www.readfreenews.com