pan-users

[Pan-users] Feature: Predictive Downloading

From: John Burwell
Subject: [Pan-users] Feature: Predictive Downloading
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2005 12:20:29 -0500

It would be nice if pan would download the next message the user is likely to read automatically while the user reads each current message.

I didn't find a similar request in the mailing-list archives or in the bugs database, so I apologize if this has been brought up before.

For longer or larger messages, it would really make pan feel snappy if, say, the next and previous messages relative to the message currently being displayed were always on-disk ready for display. More advanced users might enjoy the ability to configure the buffer count, to keep three or more messages at the ready in each direction.

Thoughts?