pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: Can Pan whitelist authors?

From: Juergen Starek
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: Can Pan whitelist authors?
Date: Sun, 08 Jan 2006 11:23:19 +0100

Beartooth SenectoFlatuloid schrieb:

> Maybe it can; I have never gotten my mind around the intricacies of rules,
> scores, and other such things too fierce to mention. But I can plonk a
> writer; can I do the opposite?
>
> Example: I look into dc.general from time to time, and invariably delete
> 99 44/100 % of it unread. I could make a list, almost off the top of my
> head, of half a dozen or so posters there, whitelist them all, delete
> everything else in that group [...]

If I understand the scoring syntax correctly, you might do the following
(everything behind % signs is a comment)

        % We want this to apply only to the group dc.general
        [dc.general]

        % Ignore basically everything. That means assign a score of
        % -9999 to postings that match the regex *
        Score: -9999
                Subject: *

        % However, there are some persons you'd like to read.
        % I assign their postings a normal score and, by using the
        % = operator, make sure the score stays that way.
        % By using a double colon, I make this rule valid for
        % all the following conditions (i.e. I don't have to
        % write the rule again for each poster).
        Score:: =0