pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: Another error : email failing

From: Duncan
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: Another error : email failing
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2006 12:14:44 -0700

Beartooth posted <address@hidden>, excerpted
below,  on Thu, 19 Jan 2006 08:55:24 -0500:

> Thu, 19 Jan 2006 08:49:32 - New connection 0x9489ef0 for mail.adelphia.net,
> port 25
> Thu, 19 Jan 2006 08:49:33 - pan - pan_socket_putline: assertion
> `is_nonempty_string(line)' failed
> Thu, 19 Jan 2006 08:49:33 - Error writing to socket.

Might it be that you have an incorrectly formatted address in your settings?
I had thought it might be another regular on your groups, but if you can't
get mail sent to yourself, either, maybe the two errors are connected.

Going from the previous error, got [>> expected ",", perhaps you have an
angle-bracket in there that shouldn't be?  You shouldn't need any such
things, as PAN supplies what it needs.

I think you post thru gmane, as do I, so our addresses are munged, as we
see the posts.  If you go to the PAN web page and click on the mailing
lists link, however, then select PAN-user and go read the archives, they
have a button you can use to reply to the author.  If you send me the
post, as  PAN saved it to the send-later folder, or at least the headers,
maybe I can say for sure.

Either that, or perhaps use the script I posted yesterday to attach a
screenshot of the profile settings you use with that mailing address.
This is a mailing list, so send it UUE encoded, not yEnc or text encoded.
Please run the picture thru an image processing program (such as
kolourpaint, a KDE app) and compress it to a reasonable size, preferrably
PNG based, if you go this route.  We don't want to kill the list with
attachments, and uncompressed screenshots can get pretty big!