pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Re: Posting failed

From: Rich
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Re: Posting failed
Date: Sun, 05 Feb 2006 03:10:53 -0400

On Wed, 2006-01-25 at 12:47 -0700, Duncan wrote:
> Rich posted <address@hidden>, excerpted below,  on Wed, 25
> Jan 2006 03:13:02 -0400:
>
> > Are there a few things I can check locally to see if that is the
> > problem.  I was thinking about wiping the local .pan directory and then
> > restarting.  Maybe its an older pan config setting causing conflicts?
>
> You can either do that, or you can rename it for testing,

Hi,

I tried Thunderbird to see if I could post to any groups.
I had no problems, however, I did notice the bodies were null, but the
subjects were correct.

I was getting ready to write an email to my newsgroup provider, when I
saw something about new payment plans.  When I checked out the news,
there it was, the server names changed.

I updated the server name in pan and gave it shot.  Bingo!
All the mail post in send later went out fine - no errors! :)

Funny thing is, pan at least alerted of the error while thunderbird
didn't report anything.

Lastly, as a cosmetic side note, the "Cannot Post to Usenet" error needs
to be updated to reflect menu changes.

Also, I did notice a small glitch when pan tries to read a NULL message
body.  The task manager keeps attempting for each click and it appears
to lockup, not allowing to cancel any of the items in the queue.  I was
able to get some processes to delete the bad message - when I did that,
all the jobs in the queue disappeared and all was back to normal.  The
first time it occurred, I wasn't so lucky, had to force quit pan.

Great to see the new version coming along.  The new message handling is
awesome. :)  Great job.

Thanks,
Rich

--