pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Crash on Post (Was: Pan 0.95 crash)

From: George sherwood
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Crash on Post (Was: Pan 0.95 crash)
Date: Mon, 1 May 2006 20:33:31 -0400

On Mon, 1 May 2006 19:59:23 -0400
George sherwood <address@hidden> wrote:
> > Looks like it's crashing inside of gtkspell, in a pretty innocent
> > call from Pan.  Do your computers have different versions of
> > gtkspell installed? It might be time to update them.
>
> Charles,
>         Thanks.  Gave me some places to start looking. Both computers
> had the same versions of gtkspell and gtk+2.  I was able to build pan
> 0.95 without gtkspell and it was working, but then I had the same
> problem with sylpheed and sylpheed-claws with and without spell
> checking.  I downgraded from gtk+2 2.8.17 to 2.8.14 and all is
> working.  Still trying to understand what is going on.  I will try to
> rebuild 2.8.17 later and see if it comes back.

I saw this which I thought was interesting.  A bug against gaim with
the same crash that I was seeing.

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1479162&group_id=235&atid=100235

People were reporting to me crashes of gaim in our
distribution also that I could never repeat to get a trace.  Listed are
pretty much the same versions that I was using.  Not sure what it all
means, but something to watch.

--
George Sherwood
Source Mage GNU/Linux developer