pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: Pan-0.96 will not re-download headers after the have bee

From: Duncan
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: Pan-0.96 will not re-download headers after the have been deleted
Date: Fri, 12 May 2006 05:49:20 +0000 (UTC)

Dave Chand <address@hidden> posted
address@hidden, excerpted below, on
Fri, 12 May 2006 00:34:16 -0400:

> I have noticed the following behavior in pan-0.96. I download new headers
> for a particular group, then select all header for that group. I then
> delete all of the selected headers for that group,  I then try to get all
> headers for that group again, but pan-0.96 will not re-download the all of
> the headers.
>
> Has anyone else observed this behavior?

I've had no problems, but that doesn't mean they don't exist in some
configurations.

Just to be sure it's not your procedure, exactly what do you do after the
delete, to get the overviews (that's the correct term, I think PAN uses
the incorrect term deliberately to be consistent with OE and the like,
headers include stuff not in the overviews like nntp-posting-host if the
server uses it, etc, that overviews don't)?

To get all overviews for the group, including ones you've already seen and
deleted, you need to right-click the group name, select "Get Headers...",
and in the resulting mini-dialog, set it to "Get All Headers", before
hitting "Execute".  Otherwise, you are normally just getting /new/
overviews/headers, which won't redownload what pan knows you've already
seen.

As I said, maybe you are doing that and there is a problem.  However, I've
seen more than one person get this wrong, so confirming that you are doing
it right before worrying about a problem with PAN seems wise.