pan-users

[Pan-users] [0.97] An odd objection to consolidation of servers

From: walt
Subject: [Pan-users] [0.97] An odd objection to consolidation of servers
Date: Wed, 17 May 2006 15:40:08 -0700

Hi Charles,

I've been dealing with a debugging problem which has
been more difficult because of pan's consolidation of
news servers into one big group-list.  Maybe someone
here has some ideas to contribute.

I subscribe to a pay news service with three separate
server farms which are separated widely by geography,
intended for different customers all around the world.

One of the three server farms (the one closest to me)
has been having problems with stalls and timeouts, etc,
so I've been trying to help them debug the problem.

One of the problems I'm having is that I can't tell which
one of my four news accounts any particular article is
coming from unless I use a packet sniffer to get the IP
address.

So -- I'm thinking that maybe pan could provide an
nntp-debug function in the preferences menu (?) which
would write verbosely to the Event Log when I request
it.

Is there already some other way of solving this problem?

Thanks!