pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: Crash on Startup - MS Windows

From: Kevin Gottsman
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: Crash on Startup - MS Windows
Date: Fri, 26 May 2006 22:54:31 -0500

On Fri, 26 May 2006 21:55:49 +0100, Lenny_Nero wrote:

> I cant find anyone who can run non pre 0.14.92 Pan on windows, and this
> seems to go for XP as well, I thought it was just unable to work on pre NT
> 5.1 builds but I have tried to run in on a few of the XP boxes I look
> after and it does not seem to work on any no matter what GTK or how it is
> started.

I eventually got Pan to run fine. I tried running Gimp and Gaim with
GTK and got the same results. All 3 programs generated the same error in
the Windows Event log. Gaim-debug.exe gave me some tip or idea to change
my screen resolution. I changed my resolution to 800x600 and reran all 3
programs for the first time without crashing. Then I changed back to my
normal resolution of 2048 x 1536 x 32 (21" monitor) and all 3 launched for
the first time normally.

Have no absolutely idea why it started to work at the lower screen
resolution. I just assumed it was a GTK bug somewhere. Just weird.

Kevin