pan-users

[Pan-users] Not a problem or a bug but a compliment

From: Alex van Niel
Subject: [Pan-users] Not a problem or a bug but a compliment
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2006 22:54:00 +0200

Dear everybody and especially Charles and co-programmers,

not sure if this is allowed or even appreciated here but I would like to say that I am very very glad that this project has been reanimated again. I was looking through the history of the Pan project and noticed that for 2 years the project had been dorment. But since april of this year, development seems to have had a jump start. I for one am very glad with that since before I had to resort to bad windows based readers. Now I can use Pan, native to Linux and even though I had a rough start with version 0.14 and 0.95 (as some of you might remember :) ) I am thrilled to see the progress. I also am thrilled to see that us users can make a difference. Unlike Windows based systems, the Pan (and a lot of other Open Source Projects) developers actually listen to the users. For me that is refreshing after coming from an open system like Amiga, only to end up having to use M$ Windows. So thanks so much! And keep up the good work... people appreciate it even though we probably don say it enough :) No offence... we can't keep throwing compliments around all the time ... *giggles* (oh dear)

Cheers,

Alex.