pan-users

[Pan-users] re: works beautifully on freebsd 6.1

From: Brian King
Subject: [Pan-users] re: works beautifully on freebsd 6.1
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2006 22:23:11 +0200

following up on what i wrote earlier this month, in case it's useful
for another freebsd user :

i wasn't able to get the cvs version to successfully get through the
./autogen.sh stage - it was complaining that i didn't have programs
installed that are in fact installed: automake, for example.

i downloaded the .103 tarball version and was able to succesfully compile it.

first i tried ./configure and then make.  that ended up with a message:
In file included from gnksa.cc:39:
/usr/local/include/glib-2.0/glib/gi18n.h:23:21: libintl.h: No such
file or directory
gnksa.cc: In static member function `static std::string
pan::GNKSA::generate_message_id_from_email_address(const
pan::StringView&)':
gnksa.cc:879: error: `gettext' undeclared (first use this function)
gnksa.cc:879: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
for each function it appears in.)
*** Error code 1

in fact, i have the libintl.h file, but it's not being found in
/usr/local/include.  so:

export CPPFLAGS=-I/usr/local/include  <-- -I, not -L like i wrote in
the previous post
./configure
make
sudo make install