pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Compliing 104 on FreeBSD

From: walt
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Compliing 104 on FreeBSD
Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2006 13:29:59 -0700

Dave wrote:
> Anyone managed to compile on FreeBSD?
[...]
> /usr/local/include/glib-2.0/glib/gi18n.h:23:21: libintl.h: No such file

We've all agreed this is a bug in the FBSD port of glib-2 :o)  David
Shochat posted this a few days ago:

It was Charles who pointed me to the Cflags value in what is probably in
your case /usr/local/lib/pkgconfig/glib-2.0.pc. I suspect that your
Cflags in that line needs to have -I${includedir} added. In linux this
is not necessary because libintl.h is in /usr/include which the compiler
looks in automatically.

For some reason or other, I've also had exactly the same error on FBSD
for source code which requires the gmime package -- and the fix is the
same as described above.