pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: Tools menu in Pan 0.111

From: Duncan
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: Tools menu in Pan 0.111
Date: Sat, 9 Sep 2006 20:56:24 +0000 (UTC)

arndalebilo <address@hidden> posted
address@hidden, excerpted below, on  Sun, 10 Sep 2006 05:52:03
+0930:

> When I went to add an keyboard accelerator for 'download selected
> article', pan not only ignored my change but overwrote accels.txt with the
> 'factory' defaults when I closed pan.

Apparently new-pan doesn't allow GUI setting of keyboard accels at all.
You must directly edit the accels.txt file when pan is closed, then pan
will pickup the changes when it opens.  It always rewrites it with the
current settings at close, however, and the rewrite scrambles everything
up, so the best way to handle it if you don't fancy using your editor's
find function all the time is to copy the file to a editing copy, do your
reordering and any other changes there, then copy it back over the pan
copy (with pan closed) every time you tweak something.

Here, I put a table at the end with all possible permutations (modifier key
columns, modified keys make the rows) as well (; comments, if it's not
obvious).  When the key/modifier combo is used, I enter it in the table so
I don't have to look thru the main entries to see if it's used or not, if
I want to change something.

I posted a now slightly dated (the menus changed around a bit) copy of my
accels.txt a couple weeks ago.  You should be able to find it on the
archive if you missed it.