pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Re: Default to adding downloads to back of queue

From: Daniel Parish
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Re: Default to adding downloads to back of queue
Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2006 12:57:27 -0800

On 12/16/06, Duncan <address@hidden> wrote:
"Daniel Parish" <address@hidden> posted
below, on  Sat, 16 Dec 2006 11:24:25 -0800:

> I'm running pan 0.119 packaged under Fedora Core 6. I searched this list
> and read through the xml files for a likely option with no luck. Is
> there an entry I can make in preferences.xml to force pan to default to
> adding new downloads to the back of the queue instead of in aged order?

Please turn off the HTML, at least when posting to the pan list.  It's
considered a security hazard and a mark of a spammer, a cracker, or an
aoler newbie that either doesn't know or doesn't care, by many.  As well,
for those using a client with HTML off or unavailable (like pan), it just
looks ugly.

Sorry, I knew that, just switched to gmail and didn't realize it was
sending out html.  I think (I hope!) I just disabled it, but how to do
so isn't exactly clear.

There's no option for that at present, but a number of folks have
complained about it and I /think/ it is already in bugzilla (too lazy to
go look ATM), so there should be some changes eventually.  They'll
probably be post 1.0 (by year end we think/hope tho I'm not sure Charles'
holiday hacking availability), however.

Thanks Duncan, I'll just have to wait.  BTW, pan is a great tool and
this is really a minor quibble.

Daniel