pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: no articles

From: Duncan
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: no articles
Date: Sun, 4 Feb 2007 23:02:06 +0000 (UTC)

Gene Imes <address@hidden> posted
address@hidden, excerpted below, on  Sun, 04 Feb 2007 12:24:17
-0600:

> walt wrote:
>> On Sun, 04 Feb 2007 09:04:52 -0600, Gene Imes wrote:
>>
>>> If I try to read linux.gentoo.user reports that:
>>>
>>> 120 articles expired
>>> 1787 articles loaded
>>> 72 articles added
>>>
>>> However no articles appear in the 'Header Pane'.
>>
>> The most common reason is that you still have something typed in the
>> 'Subject or Author' search box, left over from the last group you
>> read.
>>
>> I previously suggested that this feature is actually a bug, but
>> I was voted down.  So, you just have to remember to clear[]
>
> Yes,I am aware of this feature. This is not my problem. It is something
> else.

Along the same lines, one that once got me was the filters... if you have
it set to show only your own posts (or only unread but cached) and forget
that... =8^(

It's also possible if you had read that group before as looks to be the c
ase (Charles, there's another example of the bad wrapping), that the serv
er changed its message numbering on that group for some reason.  Try down
eaders), not just new headers.