pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Re: 0.122 - restart with no subscribed groups or article

From: Kevin Brammer
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Re: 0.122 - restart with no subscribed groups or articles
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2007 12:11:27 -1000

On 2/5/07, Frank Tabor <address@hidden> wrote:
On Mon, 05 Feb 2007 11:56:53 -1000, Kevin Brammer wrote:

> I recently built 0.122, and started with a fresh .pan2 directory.  I
> get a list of groups, subscribe, and download all the headers.  After
> creating a good size task list and deleting several thousand headers,
> I restarted PAN after my connection dropped.  When PAN started,
> everything was gone.  No subscribed groups, no groups at all actually,
> and all of the tasks are wiped out.
>
> Has anyone else seen this?
>
> Kevin

Yes, this happened to me with an existing directory.  After removing it
and reinstalling, and resubscribing, all disapeared again.  It took two
more tries to get everything to stick.

This was with the Ubuntu build for Edgy.

Thanks Frank.  I let PAN sit for a few minutes, suddenly it loaded the
group list.  Then once I resubscribed to the groups I saw my headers
were still as I left them.  I restarted the tasks, so far so good.

I guess I won't restart PAN with queued tasks anytime soon.   ;)

Kevin