pan-users

[Pan-users] Pan for windows .122 (Steve Davies build) crashes when tryin

From: u6bj4fl02
Subject: [Pan-users] Pan for windows .122 (Steve Davies build) crashes when trying to read alt.fan.howard-stern
Date: Mon, 05 Feb 2007 19:41:00 -0500

I am using Pan for windows, version .122, the Steve Davies build, on a
box running Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600].  I haven't read
any news with Pan for a couple of days, so the article counts in the
two groups I follow with Pan (alt.binaries.howard-stern and
alt.fan.howard-stern) are a bit higher than usual.

After getting new headers, I had no trouble reading
alt.binaries.howard-stern, but whenever I try to read
alt.fan.howard-stern, Pan crashes.  There are no error messages that I
can see, it just closes, and when I start it up again, it has
forgotten which messages I had read in alt.binaries.howard-stern
before the crash.

I have Pan configured to use two servers, with one set as primary and
the other as fallback.  I have a HOME variable defined in my
environment, and Pan uses %HOME%\.pan2 to keep its files in, instead
of the .pan2 directory in the directory where pan.exe is located.