pan-users

[Pan-users] Rules for rewriting title?

From: Guilhem Bonnefille
Subject: [Pan-users] Rules for rewriting title?
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2007 14:17:17 +0100

Hi,

I'm using Pan regurlarly now, and discovering the world of alt.binaries.

I encounter a "problem" and whish to explain it in order to find ideas
to work around.

Titles of binaries articles are very long, with some redundant
informations and some informations not needed by human. Here are some
examples:

* Battlestar Galactica - 313 - DIVX - vostfr
"battlestar.galactica.313.- =( Team Lords of Kobol )= -.vostfr.nfo"
Yenc  [01/28] (/1)
Here we can see redundant informations. We also see the name of the
team who made the work, but I'm not interested in it in the first
time.

* (bonne chance) [09/33] - "Prison Break 2x14 (vostfr).part08.rar" (/61)
Here, we can see that the title starts with an unrelated label. I
would prefer a title starting with the name of the serie.

Is it possible to add a rewriting feature to pan, so titles are
rewriten following some regex?
The rewrite must concern only the displayed title, when filling the GUI.
--
Guilhem BONNEFILLE
-=- #UIN: 15146515 JID: address@hidden MSN: address@hidden