pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: Bandwidth control

From: Duncan
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: Bandwidth control
Date: Sun, 5 Aug 2007 23:36:23 +0000 (UTC)

fake <address@hidden> posted
address@hidden, excerpted below, on  Sun, 05 Aug 2007
09:02:42 -0600:

> <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN"> <html>
> <head>
>   http-equiv="Content-Type"> <title></title>
> </head>
> sans-serif"><small>How is it possible to use bandwidth control in Pan? I
> don't want Pan to hog all my bandwidth.<br> <br>
> Thx<br>
> </small></font>

Please dump the HTML.  There's a reason pan doesn't do HTML, please
respect it in the pan list, even if you do not choose to do so
elsewhere.  I almost set this to ignore, as spam, due to the HTML.

As Darren said, pan doesn't have direct bandwidth control built-in, but
it's certainly possible to use general system bandwidth control software,
filtering on dest-port 119 outgoing, src-port 119 incoming, TCP of
course, as 119/tcp is the standard NNTP port.