pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Re: Strange message reading error

From: Rhialto
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Re: Strange message reading error
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2007 13:52:19 +0200

On Fri 10 Aug 2007 at 01:11:22 +0000, walt wrote:
> Evidently your expectations are in accord with common practice, but
> I'm not clear on why this practice is the norm.  Is this part of the
> mime specs?  And what about the case where the 'attachments' just
> happen to be text/plain also.  Is there something in the mime specs
> which requires the 'attached' text/plain to be flagged in some way
> as different from the 'body' text/plain?

I believe I have seen mails that have the "attachment" in the middle,
between two text/plain parts. I think my mail program (mutt) displayed
both parts of text, leaving out the "attachment", with indications about
what it is doing.

-Olaf.
\X/ rhialto/at/xs4all.nl        -- Cetero censeo "authored" delendum esse.