pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Re: Multiple server support even working?

From: Phil
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Re: Multiple server support even working?
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2008 03:12:01 -0700 (PDT)

> Having a way to name
> servers would be a
> nice additional feature so humans can tell multiple
> servers on the
> same host apart as well.

The old Pan DID do this, like any reasonable
newsreader should.  But in their wisdom the developers
actually *removed* this expected feature in the new
C++ Pan. So if you want it, "upgrade" to old Pan.

I posted some time ago requesting this feature be put
back.  Looks like it hasn't been.  I hate to whine
about any useful open source project, but the field of
available linux newsreaders is quite small and on this
one development is certainly slow ....

Looks like I might have to be trying XNews via wine,
though I have an aversion to not being able to run
native linux apps.

Is there a need to add developers to the team,
presumably fluent in C++?  If so, has there been a
call for volunteers?

Access, No Cost.