pan-users

[Pan-users] Error compiling under Ubuntu 8.04

From: David Shochat
Subject: [Pan-users] Error compiling under Ubuntu 8.04
Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2008 17:44:02 -0400

I have a suspicion that this has already come up (was it that long thread about glib includes?), but here's the error I'm getting: my-tree.cc: In member function ‘virtual void pan::DataImpl::MyTree::set_filter(pan::Data::ShowType, const pan::FilterInfo*)’:
my-tree.cc:99: error: ‘g_assert’ was not declared in this scope

I see in my-tree.cc:
#include <glib/gmessages.h> // for g_assert
But poking around, it looks like g_assert is actually defined not in gmessages.h, but in gtestutils.h. Making that substitution fixed it.

Ok, it looks like Duncan at least ran into this:
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/pan-users/2008-03/msg00041.html (and many others) How do I figure out what glib version I have? Going by package listing, it looks like maybe I have 2.16.3.

Another issue I've noticed since upgrading to "hardy heron" is that quitting from pan sometimes takes a long time (20 seconds or so). This is independent of whether I use the version I compiled myself or the one supplied by with Ubuntu (which is also 0.132).
-- David