pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Re: OT: GNU/Linux Was: clearing headers?

From: Joe Zeff
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Re: OT: GNU/Linux Was: clearing headers?
Date: Thu, 09 Oct 2008 11:39:09 -0700

On 10/09/2008 David Kelly wrote:
Demanding this level of credit
for Linux is an excellent example of the not-free nature of FSF/GNU
software.

We need a name for software like that, where you can use it, but if you distribute it, you must do this, that and the other thing to make sure everybody knows you did. I'm thinking of conditionware, but I'm open to suggestions. Also, would requiring a specific license, such as GPL qualifiy? I'd think not, if it were the only condition, because it doesn't in and of itself advertise the source.

--
Joe Zeff
If you can't play with words, what good are they?