pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Re: Resource temporarily unavailable ??

From: Gerald L
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Re: Resource temporarily unavailable ??
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2008 01:50:35 -0600

Duncan wrote:
Gerald L <address@hidden> posted
address@hidden, excerpted below, on  Mon, 29 Dec 2008
00:53:58 -0600:

Pan 0.132 on Debian lenny (testing)

Any ideas what would cause the "Unable to save" error below? It's making
it a pain to keep up with a couple of groups.

The usual reason for that error is a full partition (/home or whatever you have your pan data dir, ~/.pan2 by default, on). If you have plenty of room, what about quotas? Do you have them turned on and maybe are up against a limit there? What about a ulimit on open files?

If you're running extended attributes, selinux or some other security other than standard *ix file permissions (which it might not hurt to check as well, just to be sure), check them too. And finally, do an fsck if you haven't in awhile, then open the named file in a text editor and ensure it doesn't look corrupted with a binary or some such.

Other than that, I don't know. But the vast majority of the time it's a full partition (or exceeded quotas if you're using them), so check that first.

/home has 135G available

No selinux

I just did an fsck earlier today as part of installing another drive in the system (no, that drive has no pan files on it, it is, in fact, unused at this point and this problem has existed for a few days (since I started getting back into usenet again last week) so it was happening BEFORE I stuck the new drive in the box.

No quotas

File doesn't look corrupted and is small compared to that of other groups that appear to be saving normally.

File looks OK in a text editor

address@hidden:~$ ulimit
unlimited
address@hidden:~$