pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: Deleting groups

From: Jim Henderson
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: Deleting groups
Date: Fri, 5 Jun 2009 03:50:45 +0000 (UTC)

On Thu, 04 Jun 2009 20:27:49 -0700, John Sedore wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 4, 2009 at 7:23 PM, Jim
> Henderson<address@hidden> wrote:
>> On Thu, 04 Jun 2009 15:44:27 -0700, John Sedore wrote:
>>
>>> Can anyone tell me how to delete individual groups from the group
>>> list? I'm using version 0.132.
>>
>> Right click, delete the groups' articles, and then unsubscribe from the
>> group.
>>
>> Jim
>
> Thanks Jim! But what if I'm trying to remove groups from the list of
> those available, not just unsubscribing?

Like Travis said, if it's on the news server, it'll show in either the
subscribed or unsubscribed groups list.  You can go in and edit the
newsrc files to remove it, but the next time you refresh the groups from
the server, it'll be added back in.

But when you unsubscribe, the group is moved from the "subscribed groups"
list to the "other groups" list, so you can collapse that and not have to
look at the groups you don't want to see at least.

Jim

--
 Jim Henderson