pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Re: Pan crashes on start of program

From: Ron Johnson
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Re: Pan crashes on start of program
Date: Sat, 08 Aug 2009 23:57:39 -0500

On 2009-08-08 23:48, Doug Saylor wrote:
No, the CLI really wasn't painful, but that was because you
> & others cared enough to spoon feed me. Thank you! Where do I find
> more people like you! So the "mv" command I remember from a book
> on Linux I read. What was the "-v" all about?

$ man mv

                                              Do I need to fix
> anything eles, i.e. is the rename I've done ok to stick with?

Yup.

> Follow-up question -- what exactly went wrong & how did a
> rename fix it? If you have the time, it'd be nice to have really
learned something from this.

You have: sometimes, config files get corrupted, uncovering bugs which cause software to crap out.

P.S. I must say, I do love this program. So many years I actually
> PAID <gasp> for Usenet Explorer!

Paying for useful software isn't actually a sin...

--
Scooty Puff, Sr
The Doom-Bringer