pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: I have problems with some binary postings using yEnc

From: Duncan
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: I have problems with some binary postings using yEnc
Date: Tue, 5 Jan 2010 23:44:24 +0000 (UTC)

SciFi posted on Tue, 05 Jan 2010 06:35:22 +0000 as excerpted:

> On Sun, 03 Jan 2010 15:16:50 +0000, Duncan wrote:
>>
>> One bad thing about gmane is that this group/list is set to encrypt
>> email addresses on gmane... and unfortunately, those message-IDs look
>> like email addresses to gmane's scanning algorithm. =:^(
>>
> Yes I saw that myself.
> Are you able to read the e-mail version of this list? I got a copy of my
> post that way, and it was not messed-with. Or perhaps try reading with
> yet another mail-list archiver system? Just wondering.

I could probably look it up on whatever the list hosting archive is...
But I haven't.  I don't know if I've mentioned it, but I'm rather busy
ATM setting up Gentoo on my netbook (Acer Aspire One, aka AA1).  It's
just about there, but I have a bit of hooking the special platform
hotkeys up to do still, and kde 4.3.4's plasma-desktop is crashing, so I
have to use the krunner interface (or konsole started from it) to run
anything X-based on it, until I figure /that/ one out.

And before that, I had a **REALLY** difficult kde 3.5.10 to (then) 4.2.4
(thru 4.3.2 or so by the time I got finished) upgrade.  100+ hours,
finding and/or scripting workarounds for stuff that's still broken on
kde4, etc... and they say it's "ready for normal use." <shrug>  I'm
accustomed to running betas and it was really tough for /me/!  No
/wonder/ folks are leaving kde in droves ATM!  Installing a whole system,
compiling it from sources, on a netbook I was entirely unfamiliar with
the hardware on, will have only taken me about half the time the stupid
KDE upgrade took!

Well I guess that's generally OT, but that's why I've been following the
pan lists with a bit more distance than usual the last six months or so.
I've had my hands quite full with other stuff!