pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Re: WAAAY OT: freedomware vs... Was: Building Panon Wind

From: Graham Todd
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Re: WAAAY OT: freedomware vs... Was: Building Panon Windows?
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2010 10:04:38 +0000

On Tue, 9 Mar 2010 23:41:17 +0000 (UTC)
Duncan <address@hidden> uttered these words:

> what's the
> point if there's nothing beyond the life we see and live now?
>
> If someone wishes to enlighten me...
[snipped]

</stepping in where angels fear to tread>

We die, our bodies rot, and we then provide humus for plants to grow....

Those plants grow, some other animal eats them, and somewhere along the
food chain, animals called humans will eat the food and will carry on
until they die, their bodies rot......  Its called the "Cycle Of Life".

During the period of their life, they will pass on their genes if
they're lucky (have children) and/or pass on their ideas and memories
(the only true legacies).

There IS nothing beyond the life we see and live now, and there's no
need to create supernatural fairy stories to explain the
unexplainable.  If we don't have explanations, we shall have in due
course - that's why our ideas (however nonsensical) should be preserved.

</stepping out>

This has already gone "WAAAY OT", so can we get back to the free
software vs non-free software debate?

--
Graham Todd