pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Re: Questions about the next release

From: Steve Davies
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Re: Questions about the next release
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2010 17:29:02 +0000

On 12 November 2010 14:25, Bob Henson <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Thu, 05 Aug 2010 23:25:49 -0500, Charles Kerr wrote:
>
>> As has already been documented, I don't use Pan much anymore and don't
>> feel like I'm the best person to "steer" the project.  But, that said --
>> However, I've finally gotten write access again to rebelbase.com (to be
>> specific, my account always had it, but I'd lost my account info) and
>> now update pages, upload tarballs, etc.
>>
>> There have been a lot of changes since 0.133 back in *cough* August
>> 2008.  Is it time for a new release to get these changes into wider
>> circulation?
>>
>> Also, Is there any advantage to using gnome's repository compared to
>> github, or github compared to gnome's repo?
>
> I'm not sure this is the point or place to ask, but will their be a new
> Windows port? If so, will the spell check function be included?
>
> There are a couple of general problems which apply to the Linux versions
> too  - they may well already be in your updates. Pan doesn't remember the
> state of the posting screen. It has to be maximised every time it is used
> - no big deal, but a nuisance nevertheless. This particular GUI reliant
> wallah would like a configurable wrapping point (by number of characters),
> to enable a wider choice of fonts to be used. Maybe that can already be
> done in the config file?
>

> --
> Regards,
>
> Bob
> Licentiae, quam stulti libertatem vocabant - Tacitus

The existing Windows installer version is meant to have aspell support
compiled in - Sadly I can find no instructions on what to do next. If
you manage to make it work, or determine that I have missed something,
please tell me the incantation and I will compile it in, or put the
details onto the website as necessary.

http://sites.google.com/site/paninstall/

Regards,
Steve